Please note: Due to the Coronavirus pandemic and SB 150, you may expect a response to your request, within ten (10) days.
- To avoid unnecessary delays in processing your request, please be as specific as possible about the records you are requesting. If a request is vague or overly broad, (e.g. “all documents” on a topic, “all emails” for multiple people or not including a specific timeframe). It could require an extension as well as take longer to identify and collect potentially responsive records.
- It is not necessary to enter the same request multiple times for each applicable department. Open records staff can assign one request to multiple departments.
- A valid email address is required to access your request.
- Do not include personal information, e.g. your full social security number in your request, only provide the last four of your social.
- If you do not know the name of the record, describe the information you believe is contained in it.
- Be specific about what you need. Including names, dates, keywords, or other details that can help expedite the processing of your request.
- Understand that requests are processed in the order they are received.
- For email searches, the following information will need to be provided by the requestor, keywords to be searched, time frame, and name of employee’s email account.